Good morning, lovelies! How was your week? For me it was one of those weird weeks that’s not particularly busy but goes by SUPER fast. All of a sudden I blinked and it was Thursday, and I wasn’t quite ready to post any of the blog posts I’ve been working on. Sorry it was quiet around these parts this week!
This weekend I’m planning on *finally* unpacking the last few boxes from the move. Please tell me I’m not the only one who procrastinates on unpacking the things you don’t need right this second, but don’t want to donate/ throw away either? I know this is the most first-world of first-world problems, so hopefully I’ll get my rear in gear today.
Here are some of my favorite reads from the interwebs this week:
1. Who didn’t want cake for breakfast on their birthday when they were a kid? (Or honestly, as a grown-up?) Stephanie’s trip for some birthday cake + tea for breakfast looks so dreamy, I might have to ask for cake for breakfast on my next birthday!
2. I love love love Ashley’s list of 7 Ways to add Creativity to Your Community. It’s had me inspired and thinking up new ideas all week! (I’m also inspired to try her whole wheat sandwich bread recipe, which looks delicious!)
3. I’m excited to try out this recipe on Sunday!
4. I’ve been having mixed feelings about Instagram lately. I was a little hesitant to read Joy’s tips for making Instagram beautiful and bearable, but I shouldn’t have been. No advice for what hashtags will get you more followers or how to become an “Instagram It Girl.” Just real talk about sharing our lives in an honest way, and maybe with a cool filter if the lighting’s weird. Gotta love Joy!
5. I came for Melissa’s Balsamic Pasta recipe, but stayed for her story about marriage and a ping pong table. Such a great read!
What are you awesome folks up to this weekend? After unpacking, I might get a doughnut on my way to the grocery store. Gotta love weekends!