How was your week? It seems like everyone in Blogland is trying to hang onto summer at all costs, while I’m counting down to September and October. Fall is my favorite season, and it’s been so stinkin’ hot this month that I’m excited to finally be able to sit outside for 10 minutes without sweating. Dreaming big over here!
Here are some of my favorite finds from the internet this week:
1. Molly discovered a way to make eggs benedict healthy — mix it in with lettuce and call it a salad! Her eggs benedict salad with dill hollandaise dressing looks crazy delicious!
2. The real reason I’m craving cooler weather so I can wear sweaters and drink hot chocolate. But fall takes its sweet time coming to Houston, and I tweeted about how I was the weirdo craving hot chocolate in August. Luckily, Deb came to the rescue (the very next day — talk about serendipitous) with a recipe for frozen hot chocolate — now I can have my hot chocolate and drink it too!
3. Speaking of fall, I love this bright red dress. I want to wear all the red things since Texas isn’t exactly known for its changing leaves.
4. I loved Sarah Von Bargen’s sneak peek into the thought process behind her different blog series. Her lifestyle blog, Yes and Yes is such a breath of fresh air, and is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
5. Joy’s posts always make me laugh, and her tips on making the best BLT are golden. I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one who’s cooked bacon in just a sports bra. Don’t do it. Trust Joy.
6. This unicorn piñata makeover from Oh Happy Day is BANANAS! Sadly I don’t know if I’d have the patience to cut out all those little cellophane pieces — especially since you KNOW my cat would tear it to shreds 10 minutes after I finished. But I could just sit and stare at the photos all day.
I hope you guys have a great Sunday and something fun to look forward to so Monday morning won’t seem so rude. Monday and I haven’t been friends lately, but it’s nothing a good cup of coffee shouldn’t fix.