How are you lovely folks doing? This week has been pretty great! Teddy got back from RTX on Sunday night and left on Tuesday for a work trip buuuut I’m really excited because he’s back in Houston for the next two weeks! He hasn’t been in Houston for more than 5 days at a time for over a month, so it’s great to have a calm weekend with no big plans so we can just hang out.
If you’re wondering where the quote in the photo came from, it’s from a journal a friend made for me in college. I’ve been looking for a creative outlet after I get my writing/ work done for the day, and so I’ve been flipping through the pages and filling in different prompts and lists. It’s been pretty fun.
If you’re looking for some fun weekend reading, here are some of my favorite links from this week:
1. Danielle has a list of books that match 30 emotions, and I’m saving this for the next day I have a big feeling (and eventually, when my kiddos have big feelings).
2. This watermelon-lime agua fresca from Eat This Poem sounds DELICIOUS. The perfect thing for pretending it hasn’t been over 100 degrees in Texas every day… for the last three weeks.
3. I love this Back to School Gift Jar DIY project from Oh Happy Day! I think it might be the perfect way to organize my art/ and office supplies! I also really like how she uses the paint pen for her Housewarming Jar DIY, so I’m thinking I might combine the two…
4. I really liked Emily’s favorite flowers + vases combinations. Whenever I put flowers in those grocery-store-bouquet vases, the flowers are always dwarfed by how wide the vase is and it really bugs me. Maybe it’s time to shop for some cute vases?
5. This post from Kate Arends about how it’s ok to not have your shit together all the time is such a good reminder.
6. I love this Literary City Guide for Düsseldorf, Germany. I’ve been wanting to go back to Germany for years, so hopefully we’ll be able to go for our 5th anniversary.
7. It’s hatch chile season, so hatch chiles are eeeeverywhere in Houston. Which means I have to make Joy’s pepperoni, pineapple, and hatch chile pizza. I’m pretty sure it’s the law.
What are y’all up to this weekend? I think Teddy and I are going to go shopping, get some killer tacos, and then have a Lord of the Rings marathon. I’m really excited! I hope you guys have a great weekend! Don’t forget to pick up some hatch chiles!