How’s your weekend going? Teddy and I spent yesterday at the lake for his brother’s engagement party, and it was so fun! I rode a jet ski for the first time, and went tubing. I’m a little beaten up and bruised, but it was really nice to get away and spend time on the water!
Here are my favorite links of the week:
1. These DIY Pencil Sneakers from Lovely Indeed are the cutest back-to-school project!
2. We’ve barely moved into our new apartment and I’m already planning the menu for our first cookout. I’m thinking these oven-fried green tomatoes would get along really well with ribs and lemonade!
3. Jeanine’s peach and plum cobbler seems like the perfect summer recipe.
5. Also via Nicole’s list from Eat This Poem, I loved Molly’s list of her favorite cookbooks and all the photos of dog-eared pages. So great! There’s a little nook in my new kitchen where my favorite/ most-used cookbooks live, and I think it’d be fun to copy Molly’s idea write a post about them.
6. Stephanie’s photos of her meal at Avec in Chicago look amazing!
7. These orange zest scones from A Beautiful Mess remind me a lot of my Dad’s famous lemon-craisin scones. (I’ve been sneaking orange zest in my scones lately… just don’t tell my Dad!)
8. I’ve been listening to this song on repeat this weekend.
I’m a little short on words today, so I’m going to get some patio furniture and drink mimosas on the porch. It sounds like the perfect way to spend a Sunday to me! I hope you guys have a relaxing day and a good week!