Hiya friends! It’s been quiet around here. I’m trying to learn to embrace the ebbs and flows instead of fighting it. There are so many blogging rules, but since I don’t run a business blog I’m trying not to get too bogged down by rules that don’t apply to me.
Since it’s been quiet, I thought I’d give y’all a little life update. Lately I…
- Am TIRED. Seriously beyond tired. Last week we flew out for Teddy’s family reunion, this weekend we helped Teddy’s sister move… I am just totally worn out. Everyone talks about how relaxing summer is and I have no idea what they’re talking about. Summers are always the least relaxing time of year for me. Is there a summer secret I’m missing out on?
- Have been getting past some crippling creative self-doubt. I’ve always been pretty self-confident (for the most part) but somehow last September all my self-confidence seemed to evaporate into thin air. It’s been a long 9 months, but I think I’m slooowly feeling more like my old self. I’m not all the way there yet, but I’m getting there.
- Have eaten ALL THE CARBS. I’ve been eating low carb since last November, (with some breaks for holidays and emergencies — i.e. pizza cravings) but since we were so busy this weekend we decided to ignore carbs temporarily. I had french fries, pizza, and a pancake AND a slice of french toast at breakfast. It was great, but I’m all carbed-out now, so I’m secretly excited to go back to eating low carb.
- Ironically since I’ve had so much creative self-doubt and eaten my weight in carbs, I’ve been feeling really comfortable in my skin lately. I’ve still got a ways to go to reach my goal weight, but I’m feeling really good. I’m loving it!
- Am wishing for a puppy. Teddy and I both love dogs, and were hoping to adopt an adult dog for our first dog together. Until I started seeing puppies everywhere! They’re so cute, I’m tempted to get a puppy instead! I’m really torn. But since Teddy and I share a car and work for 8-10 hours a day, it just doesn’t seem fair to get a dog right now. Someday!
- Am wearing this tank top non-stop. I love sleeveless shirts that are office appropriate (as long as you wear a sweater) and comfortable enough to wear outside on hot Texas weekends. So far I have one in black and pink, and I’m thinking about getting one in navy blue next.
- Am craving a short, relaxing weekend trip, just Teddy and me. It probably won’t happen until September or October, but I’m already daydreaming about a quick getaway without any plans or obligations. Heaven!
- Am excited for a three-day Fourth of July weekend. Last year I spent the the Fourth alone in the airport, so I’m THRILLED to be in town for my first Fourth of July in Texas. I am slightly nervous that our neighbors will take the Texas “go big or go home” mentality a little too seriously though. 😉
What about you? Are you having a relaxing summer? (Please give me all your secrets!) Do you have fun plans for the Fourth?