How are your New Years’ Resolutions going? I’ve been doing really well with some, and not so well with others. But I really like having these quarterly goals so I can check in with how my resolutions have been fitting into my life and which ones need tweaking.
Here are my “big” 2015 Resolutions:
- Write everyday – I haven’t necessarily written every day, but I did finally start writing my novel and have made some definite progress, so I’m pretty happy with how this resolution has been going!
- Keep a reading log – I fell into a reading slump a few weeks ago, but I made it to the library this weekend, so I’m excited to add some more titles to my log!
- Be kinder to myself – I’ve been working on this one, but Teddy has definitely reminded me to be nicer to myself when I’m beating myself up over something. I really appreciate having someone to point out when I’m falling into bad habits!
- Learn new things – I haven’t made any huge discoveries, but I have been experimenting in the kitchen pretty frequently lately, and I’ve really enjoyed it! I love adding new recipes to our list of favorites.
One thing I’m really proud of is that I’ve been eating healthier (generally) and I’ve been exercising 3-5 times a week. I didn’t make any express resolutions to exercise more, but I’ve been doing some POP Pilates online videos for beginners and I really like them! They’re so short that I can’t make excuses to not do them, but they’re still hard enough to kick my butt in just a few minutes. I also really like that I can do them in my own living room so that I don’t have to be embarrassed if I fall on my butt every now and then. I totally recommend them!
This year I really want to work on my health (I loved this post about having a healthy + strong 2015). I want to feel strong and healthy and more daring, so I can be more adventurous and active than I am now. My goal isn’t to look thinner — I’m hoping to look healthy and happy, and if I slim down a little in the process, great! I definitely won’t be complaining if I can fit into my old jeans from high school again!
Besides my health goals, when I was thinking about my goals April – June, the word “intentional” kept popping up. I want to build on all the hard work I’ve been putting in so far and push myself to make some more positive changes. I’m excited!
Here are my goals for Spring (April – June) 2015:
- Be intentional about unplugging at night and on the weekends
- Make thoughtful purchases – we’ve already been working on spending wisely, but since we have some trips and big purchases coming up soon (hellooo new bed!), I want to be really intentional with how I spend my money
- Make dinner plans for the weekend (and stick to them instead of going out!)
- Eat more seafood
- Make hospitality and entertaining a priority
What about you? Do you have any goals you’re working towards?