If you’ve been reading Eat Up, Buttercup for a while, you’ve probably seen my Weekend Thoughts posts. I loved writing those posts, but eventually I felt like I was linking to my favorite blogs and websites every week, which seemed really repetitive. I started thinking about ways to mix things up. I always love Jacquelyn Clarke’s Scenes from My Week posts, and recently I started using Food52’s Happy Lists as a journaling format (I’m notoriously bad at keeping up with a journal, so weekly lists work better for me), so I thought it’d be fun to share my weekly list with y’all! I’m excited to see what you think!
1/17/16 – 1/31/16
- listening to the Force Awakens soundtrack
- Tonks playing with her favorite ribbon
- Food52’s 57 Small Things to do for Yourself this Year
- Finishing 1099s at work!
- bringing grainy, overcooked ice cream base back to life with an immersion blender
- roasted Brussels sprouts with horseradish sauce — divine!
- girl’s nights with lots of wine
- a fun writing project I finished up last week
- cleaning my apartment — I tend to be a messy person, but cleaning this week has been so freeing!
- Bon Appetit’s article about Tara Jenson from Smoke Signals
- playing with ABM’s new A Color Story app
- lunch date with Teddy at Torchy’s Tacos for some killer queso
- I’ve watched this video way too many times, and I’m not even a little bit sorry
- This Captain America: Civil War and Taylor Swift mashup is AMAZING
- I’m asking Teddy for this shirt for my birthday
What are you guys up to lately? I don’t know about you, but I am SO glad January is over! It was a rough month in a lot of ways, so I’m hoping for a better February. Hoping you guys have a great week!