It’s only June 23 and this summer has already been craaaazy. We flew to Chattanooga for a friend’s wedding, celebrated our first anniversary, and next week we’re flying out to California for me to meet Teddy’s grandparents and extended family. Then I’m flying back to Texas while Teddy stays in California for a bit to collect gold and opal. And then we’re moving to a new apartment. Phew, just writing all that out makes me feel tired!
Since life has been so bananas lately, I’ve been desperately craving a routine. And while life won’t go back to normal until at least mid-July, Emily’s summer to-do list inspired me to write my own. My serious to-do list is already a mile long, but I want to make sure to remember that it’s summer! And summer means ignoring the to-do list every now and then in favor of eating some ice cream in the sun.
Here are some fun things I want to do this summer:
- Make a big Goodwill trip with old clothes and books
- Set up a little herb garden on our new back porch
- Make pesto to keep basil from taking over
- Have friends over for drinks – maybe a weekly or monthly sangria night?
- Go on a weekend road trip
- Go swimming
- Spend as much time as possible on our porch — bonus points for ice cream eating / rosé drinking
- Drink all the smoothies. All of them
- Set up a little creative space in the new apartment
Having a Goodwill trip at the top of my list might seem weird, but I always want to purge my closet before I move, and apparently I’m starting early this time around. Lately I’ve been feeling overwhelmed by all the clutter and I really hate packing. So I think a Goodwill trip before we move will actually be sort of relaxing. Does that sound crazy?
What about you? Do you have any fun plans for this summer?