Since I’m working full time now, I’ve realized that most of my clothes aren’t considered office appropriate. Since I don’t have the money to go out and by a whole new wardrobe (Who does? If you do, will you take me shopping?) I’ve been trying to wear pieces in different combinations, with different belts and jewelry so I don’t feel like I’m wearing the same outfit every week. I work at a realty company, so I don’t have to dress like I’m going to work at the Vogue office, but it makes me feel better about going into work every day. I’ve also been thinking about a post I read this week about growing a minimalist wardrobe from Reading My Tea Leaves, and trying to think about donating clothes I don’t wear much and slowly adding new pieces that I can mix and match for both the office and the weekend. Sabrina of afterDRK talks about her 5 piece French Wardrobe theory, which I think is really interesting too.
– My style is generally sort of menswear inspired meets elementary school teacher / librarian (if that’s even a thing), so I love the little book brooch (pictured above) I found this week from Buntmal. It’s definitely going on my Christmas wishlist.
– Have you read Noelle Stevenson’s webcomic Nimona? It’s ending next week, which seems crazy! It’s being published sometime next year, so I will definitely be buying it. In the meantime, I can’t wait to read the final page next week!
– Are you dressing up for Halloween? I don’t think Teddy and I will unless we know someone who’s having a costume party, but there are some really awesome DIY costumes over at Oh Happy Day this week. The moth costume is stinkin’ cute, but since I’m kind of terrified of moths (long story) I’d probably dress up as an adorable cupcake.
– The Easy Laminated Nutella Morning Buns have me drooling, and are definitely going on my to-bake list. They seem like a good template for other flavors too, which is really fun!
– In my quest to successfully frost a layer cake (and have it look pretty at the end), I might turn to this DIY Abstract Watercolor Painted Cake from Sugar and Cloth. Seriously pretty, and it seems accessible for either a rookie or veteran cake decorator.
– This song has been on repeat at work this week (sorry to everyone in my office!), and the video’s pretty good too.
I have a really fun post coming up this week that I’m really excited about, so come by on Thursday to see it! I hope you all have a great week!